Webhelp expressed the need to migrate its Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 messaging platforms from subsidiary to Office 365 for more than 8.000 users. Webhelp develops solutions that grow client’s business and increase customer’s advocacy. They are located in France, Algeria, Morocco, Romania, United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Key Project Objectives:
- Validate the global Active Directory before the migration
- Workshops, audit, and recommendations.
- Take consideration of the Active Director migration in progress from Algeria and Morocco, with Microsoft FIM synchronization.
- Design a migration solution
- Workshops to explain the details of all the migrations to Office 365.
- POC and Pilot to migrate ~8.000 users from Microsoft Exchange servers to the Microsoft Office 365
- The migration was done with Office 365 tools.
The project team consisted of 3 members:
- One project director
- One project architect
- One engineer (Christophe)
- Participate in the design of the migration process. The project architect was stacked on the Binary Tree engine, the mission was to define each task for each step of the migration process.
- PowerShell script edition to automate the migration, validation of the prerequisites, employ best practices for the migration.
- Direct/lead the IT support managers who then train 100+ IT support staff worldwide.
- Office 365
- IBM Domino 8.5 & Lotus Notes
- Binary Tree solution: Migration & Coexistence engines
- Active Directory & DirSync