Louis Vuitton Malletier is a French fashion house founded in 1854 by Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton was named the world’s most valuable luxury brand. 2012 valuation was US$25.9 billion. The year 2013 valuation of the brand was US$28.4 billion with a sale of US$9.4 The company operates in 50 countries with more than 460 stores worldwide.
Key Project Objectives:
- Analyze & Validate the Active Directory for the migration.
- Design a migration solution
- The project was pushed with the partner Binary Tree.
- Design of the solution, the migration process, and the change management.
- Technical migration managed by Christophe team and the change management by another one (in total collaboration).
- Migrate ~13.000 users from Lotus Notes to the Microsoft Office 365
- The migration was done with the Binary Tree tools, migration, and coexistence.
- Active Directory services were audited few months before the project by another team. Christophe’s team confirmed by scripting the prerequisites on the Active Directory.
- Afterward, a second need arose, so Christophe oversaw the global development, merging and improvement of the three support regions (US/EMEA/ASIA) of Louis Vuitton Malletier.
The project team consisted of 6 members:
- One project director
- One project architect
- Two architects/engineers (Christophe before the switch to Global Manager of the Support improvement)
- One engineer
- Participate in the design of the migration process. The project architect was stacked on the Binary Tree engine, the mission was to define each task for each step of the migration process
- PowerShell script edition to automate the migration, validation of the prerequisites, employ best practices for the migration.
- Direct/lead the IT support managers who then train 100+ IT support staff worldwide.
- Office 365
- IBM Domino 8.5 & Lotus Notes
- Binary Tree solution: Migration & Coexistence engines
- Active Directory & DirSync